Housekeeping and cleanliness is the process that ensures equipment, facilities, access routes, and work areas are in fairly good condition. This condition is required for supporting reliable and safe maintenance and operation during the normal plant operation.
Housekeeping and cleanliness also help ensure that the plant operations are not inhibited during an emergency. Furthermore, they are completely interrelated. Reaching a good standard in any one of the two is considered very difficult without one reaching a good standard n the other one.
Cleanliness and daily housekeeping service singapore normally tend to result in:
- A well-organized, safer, more pleasant to work, and a cleaner workplace
- Improved and effective utilization of floor space
- Systematic and smoother workflow with a substantial reduction in the activities that add no value
- Better inventory control of materials and tools
- Reduced handling for easing out the flow of different materials
- Reduction in the wastage of materials
- More efficient equipment maintenance and clean-up that leads to a better product
- Safer environment for work with comparatively lower exposure of an employee to various hazardous substances such as vapors, dust, etc
- Improved health of the employees as a result of more hygienic conditions at the workplace
- Improved overall feel and look of the work environment
- Improved employee morale
Poor housekeeping services, on the contrary, helps to create workplace hazards leading to accidents such as:
- Trips falls, and slips
- Objects caught-in-between
- Struck by falling objects
- Struck by moving objects
- Stabbed or cut by objects
- Struck against objects
Furthermore, poor cleanliness and housekeeping also create fire hazards that inevitably result in an increased fire risk.
A clean work area demonstrates the pride an employee has in the organization and the culture of security and safety at the workplace. Engage in daily housekeeping service singapore to ensure a clean workspace today.